Thursday, May 05, 2005

05/05/05

How can I let the day go by and not offer a little 05/05/05 post? I love days like this where the numbers line up. Similar to my 100,000 mile party with my car, things like this only happen every so often and it is fun to record what was happening and if I did anything special to stop and pause and say, "Hey! This is pretty neat!"

Today is not only 5/5/5, it is Cinco De Mayo, and Hobie Cat's birthday. I think I will go home and celebrate, sing happy birthday to my cat, and eat some chips and salsa. Whoo-hoo! Rich, I need you home soon if this is what my celebrations have come down to. Only 49 days to go.

Tomorrow is Slope Day at Cornell. At Slope Day students celebrate the last day of class by actually skipping classes, drink huge volumes of alcohol and gather on a particular section of campus known as the slope. Snoop Dog is performing and I will be at the ID tent entertaining the masses that stand in line to get their wrist bands. THIS should be an interesting day. I have mixed feelings about Slope Day and the way Cornell has stepped in to regulate the festivities and keep order. But I will save all of my thoughts and opinions for the next posting when I have experienced Slope day 2005.

Say a prayer for all of the students who will be abusing their alcohol tomorrow. May everyone be safe. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home