Sunday, February 27, 2005

Much Needed R&R

Hallelujah! Within 24 hours, I am off to California for some much-needed R&R, sunshine, and quality time with friends. Ohhh how I have needed this. There is something good about getting away and taking time out for me. Work and adjusting to Rich being gone again have taken their toll as I have been extremely moody, unproductive, and all around not fun to be with. In the last three weeks I don't feel like I have been much myself.

I hope that this week away will bring me a little bit closer to me being me. I know I will be re-energized thanks to my friends Tina and Mandy. And I even hope that they will help me wrap my mind around this wedding planning thing and start moving my tail into high gear. We have a day of gown, bridesmaid dresses, and invitation shopping. . . so if that doesn't do it, I do not know what will! I am half expecting the two of them to plan a bridal intervention with me, hold me down and make me choose a location and a date. I will admit, I have missed having friends close by to help me in this process. In Ithaca I have felt rather alone. Planning a wedding solo is no fun indeed.

Over the weekend I will be leading a retreat for Cal Berkeley Greek students. It will be great fun. . . but this year will be a bit different without Tina there to play with. How dare she skip TEAM Cal! She has been a part of it since its inception in 1997-- and actually one of its lead designers. Sigh, I will miss her, and I know the program will too. But I know the retreat and its location will also be good for the soul by getting the opportunity to do what I love to do and doing it right in the middle of one of the most beautiful places in the United States.

How fortunate I am to have this time away from the cold Ithaca winter and from the routine. I hope that I'll come back refreshed and renewed. Its exactly what is needed in my life right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home