Tuesday, February 08, 2005

There is Grass Under that Snow!

OK. . .so there are all kinds of things I can say regarding my last post and all of the angst I feel regarding work and my general mood right now, but for now I am going to offer a happy post.

The 8.5 inches of snow is melting! Ithaca is seeing green again! First time in 2005 that I have seen what lays beneath the snow. Over the weekend we had incredible weather. . . we are talking sunshine and 50 degree temperatures. And for anyone who has been to Ithaca in the winter, you know how rare this is.

So now there are patches of green grass amongst the white piles of snow. But many of us know up in these parts that mother nature is a tease and we will see blankets of white again soon. In the mean time it is nice to be reminded of the Spring and all that is to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home