Monday, April 18, 2005

The Hunt

OK, I'll admit it. I am addicted to wedding gown shopping. It's just a really fun experience. There are so many dresses, styles, fabics, and designs. Most of the time when I have walked into a salon, I have been treated like a queen. I have my personal assistant who helps me get in and out of the dresses, carries my train, walks me over to a mirror and tells me I look beautiful. Then she comes back in the dressing room with me and hangs up the dress. All I have to do is worry about not exposing too much of myself while she is doing her job.

Over the course of the last two months I have tried on over 35 dresses. Some of them have been absolutely spectacular. There was one dress I tried on that was selling for $4,500. Of course I did not know the price until after I had it on and commented on how beautiful it was. Sneaky little sales lady! Then there have been others that were downright hideous. Sometimes I am amazed that women would actually wear some of these dresses to their own wedding. And during this process I am getting a better idea of my style, my taste, and what kinds of dresses look good on me. There was one big pouffy dress that when on looked like I was going to play the role of Martha Washington in some period piece. It was a nice dress, just not the right dress for me.

And so I am on the hunt for THE dress for me and my big day. There are a few that are potential dresses. But I am holding out to try on one more dress that I am having a sample special ordered into a salon in Watertown. My fingers are crossed that this will be THE one.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Gregg P. said...

Here's a terrific site that has plenty of examples of dresses NOT to wear. Enjoy!

http://www.uglydress.com/brides.html

Gregg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home