Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving. . . a couple of days late! I've been in Missouri at my sister's house and have had a good vacation with family. Thanksgiving is quickly becoming a favorite holiday of mine. I feel as if it is one of the few American holidays that is left virtually untouched by the pressure to buy, buy, buy. Instead, we focus on eat, eat, eat. . . and perhaps a little bit of thanks, thanks, thanks.

This Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for. My life is abundantly rich and I can count so many blessings. Yes, there are difficult times but if anything, I have learned over the last year that to be thankful while in the midst of difficulties helps keep my values and priorities in check. And I really do feel more blessed as I remember all that I have been given.

A few weeks ago I made a card for Rich that listed all of the things that I am thankful for this season. It was a good inventory. It listed people in my life, opportunities I have had, my health, computer technology, and several miracles of nature. Of course on the top of that list was Rich and all that he has added to my life. But I will save that sap for my letters I send to Rich. No need to go on gushing right here. Instead I will share the memories from Thanksgiving 2004 for which I am thankful:

Hugs from two beautiful nieces: Kira and Grace. They are growing up fast and I treasure the time that I get to spend with them as they grow.

One-on-one time I got to spend with Kira. We went shopping. I introduced her to Limited too, sales, and clothes that might make her mother cringe! I love being an Aunt!

Conversations with my mother and my sister. Sure we tease my mom about genealogy, but I am thankful for my mother's sense of history, family, and tradition. I will carry it on.

My sister doing a fabulous job preparing the bulk of the Thanksgiving meal. . . and doing it with such humor while sick. Singing into the Turkey leg as if it were a microphone was a bonus.

Going to the ARC. . . .an indoor pool of sorts. . .actually I would call it an indoor water park. What a great place for families. Thanks for letting me swim a few laps, Mark.

Meeting the new dog, Dora. Makes me want to get a dog of my own.

All good things this Thanksgiving: Family, food, crazy kids, dogs running around. This is what holiday's are about!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home