Monday, October 11, 2004

Energize Me!

OK. . . so watching the Today Show this morning as I got ready for work, I listened to some testimonials from three women about how they are getting "energy makeovers" from some energy guru, Jon Gordon. Apparently what he has been asking them to do is working. This energy makeover started last week as we learned a bit more about the CRAZY lives all three women lead and how they just feel exasperated at the end of each day. Sounds way too familiar, I thought. Lately I have been fighting this slump in my mood, attitude, and all around productivity level. And if I am feeling this way now, I cannot imagine what it would be like to add on family responsibilities in a matter of years. So, I started listening to what this guy, Jon had to say.

Granted, this guy's credibility is questionable because as he is talking he is practically jumping off the walls. Sure, if he is an energy guru, he needs to exude energy, but come on. . . . he was over the top. A bit too happy. I'd like to see him when he finally crashes, cause I know it is ugly. Nevertheless, I still listened to his message of 1) cut caffeine, 2) simple energy workouts every day (we are talking 10-minute walks), 3) drink water, 4) no snooze button, 5) Eight hours of sleep. All seem pretty doable, I thought. Just have to be a bit more intentional with things.

So. . . just what I intend to do. . . for the next seven days I intend to take the "energy addict challenge" that he proposes. . . almost like what these three women are doing and reporting on the Today Show every morning. I am going into this week trying to be more deliberate and attempting to structure my day a bit more. My preferred style is to go with the flow and let the day determine what I do and what happens. But, I know where that gets me at the end of the day: feeling drained.

Day one is today. . . . my commitments for the day: 1) drink 4 glasses of water (I am still on glass one), 2) go to the gym for a short workout (its starting to get dark and cold outside), and 3) go to bed by 10:30 for my eight hours of sleep. . .and NO snooze button in the AM!

I'll make notes of my successes and challenges each day on my blog and at the end of these seven days I'll analyze how things are working. And if nothing else, at least I tried something different. Certainly I'll learn some helpful ways of being or some new insights into how I operate.

Off I go to drink my water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home